Teens Covered for the Lord

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Teens Covered for the Lord

A forum for teen, preteen, and young adult girls who practice Christian headcovering in accordance with 1 Corinthians 11 to come together.

2 posters

entertainment for american kids

Jordyn
    Jordyn

entertainment for american kids Empty entertainment for american kids

Post  Jordyn Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:25 pm

Well, Rachel, do you have county fairs down there? We do. There are rollercoasters and rides that spin upsidedown and bonce and go really fast. there is cotton candy, popcorn, hot dogs, and ice cream. there are prize booths were you can wim prizes. We also have what is called an Oktoberfest. It is like a fair but in October and is smaller. you here live music and screames coming from rides as they go down hill about 50 feet. I enjoy fairs alot. Very Happy
    Jordyn
    Rachel
    Rachel
    Admin

entertainment for american kids Empty Re: entertainment for american kids

Post  Rachel Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:11 am

We don't have 'county fairs' as such, but we do have 'district shows' which are much the same thing. I usually go to the Royal Adelaide Show in the city but since I moved, I'm going to go to the local shows, too. The Royal Adelaide Agricultural and Horticultural Show (to give the full name; most just call it the Adelaide Show, the Royal Show, or just the Show) was a couple of weeks ago and it lasts for about two weeks - there are rides, a roller-coasters and a ferris wheel which are always there, as well as all the other stuff - plus the animal exhibits, entries for cooking, art, and craft (there's a junior section), animal judging (if you go on the right day), and events like pig races, log-splitting, et cetera.

The major show for my area (not in the city) is the Uraidla Show which I haven't actually been to, but most bigger towns in the area have 'shows'. I haven't been to any Outback country shows but I'm told they're a lot of fun.

Lots of kids from my homeschooling group enter craft or backyard produce in the Uraidla Show - it's much easier to win something there than the Adelaide show which has thousands of entrants.

I believe the other states have shows, too. I know all the capital cities do. I don't like going to the Show so much because it's very noisy and crowded with so many people!

We don't celebrate Oktoberfest in Adelaide so much, but I know they do a lot up in Brisbane (I have a friend there who talks about it a lot, apparently it's a big deal). We have Carnevale, which is the big Italian festival before lent as there are lots of Italian immegrants in Adelaide. Carnevale is in the city and there's lots and lots and LOTS of food there, as well as rides and some other events, like grape-stomping. Some stalls are there, too, like mask-making (you know those glittery ones). We also have Schutzenfest in summer, which is a German festival, but that's not so well-known as Carnevale.

I hope this answers your question,
    From Rachel.
    Jordyn
    Jordyn

Post  Jordyn Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:39 pm

It sound fun! I wish i could go! But, you are on the other side of the world from me! Mabey is my dad goes on a buisness trip to austrailia i could go. He taked about five buisness trips to diffrent counties a year. He has been to Englad twice, Mexico, Jamestown, New York, and Sweeden. I have two Eurapian teddy bears and one from New York. He wasn't able to get me one in Mexio because he wasn't allowed to go looking around because it wasn't safe were he was.
    Jordyn albino

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:52 pm