Teens Covered for the Lord

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Teens Covered for the Lord

A forum for teen, preteen, and young adult girls who practice Christian headcovering in accordance with 1 Corinthians 11 to come together.

2 posters

Statement of Faith and Beliefs

Rachel
    Rachel
    Admin

Statement of Faith and Beliefs Empty Statement of Faith and Beliefs

Post  Rachel Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:58 am

I started this forum to create a place for young women and girls who practice Christian headcovering to connect and talk. Therefore, the statement of beliefs seems pretty self-explanatory. Remember this is just a brief summary.

1) We believe there is a God who created the entire universe and everything in it. He created the world in six days flat and rested on the seventh. He is the only one true and living God, in three parts, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

2) We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, and it contains our standards for behaviour.

3) We believe that Adam and Eve were created by God and were without sin until they were tempted by Satan and became sinful. It's because of this that none of us are perfect and are all sinners.

4) We believe that the Son came and lived on this world as a man, born to a virgin, and was crucified as a sacrifice for our sins. In this way, He took our place in the punishment we should have as sinners, and we just have to ask to be forgiven for our sins. We believe that the Son rose from the dead after three days and is now in Heaven with the Father.

5) We believe that in 1 Corinthians 11:1-16, the apostle Paul is telling us that women should wear a covering IN ADDITION TO HAIR, and that this verse, in conjunction with 1 Thessalonians 5:17 instructs us to wear the devotional headcovering.

The first four points are mandatory for this forum but if you're not sure about the fifth but thinking about it and considering it, you're welcome to join and talk with us about it.
    Jordyn
    Jordyn

Statement of Faith and Beliefs Empty Re: Statement of Faith and Beliefs

Post  Jordyn Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:09 pm

What I personally beleive is that God made the earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th day. Adam and Eve were created by God and were tempted by the Devil.
    I belive that the Bible says that women and girls should cover their heads and wear modest clothing. I used to despize wearing dresses and I wished I was a boy. Now I see that I was made to be a girl and covering one of the things that I can honnor God by doing it.
    Rachel
    Rachel
    Admin

Post  Rachel Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:38 am

Ah! Yes! I knew there was something I had forgotten!

Yes, I believe that God created the world in 6 days and rested on the 7th. I believe the Bible is talking about real 24-hour days, too.

Thankyou for pointing that out. I'm sure there's tonnes of stuff I left out of the statement of beliefs.
    Jordyn
    Jordyn

Post  Jordyn Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:08 am

Thank you for the compliment! I did to!
    I believe that you shoul Honnor God in everything you do and work for Him. don't do things that He would not like. Read the Bible and do what it says. Don't follow a crowd that does bad things.
    Jordyn pig
    Rachel
    Rachel
    Admin

Post  Rachel Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:36 am

Ditto. And I think we should keep adding things as we remember them. There are a lot of things which I do and believe which I don't really think about, and hadn't thought of putting them in although I guess they're important!
    from Rachel.
    Jordyn
    Jordyn

Post  Jordyn Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:21 pm

I agree! Well, one thing i believe i thst Christians should worship with other Christians. Also Christians should not marry un-believers, and they shoud not divorce. Just another small chunk of what i believe. Please reply!!!
    Jordyn flower
    Rachel
    Rachel
    Admin

Post  Rachel Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:09 am

2 Corinthians 6:14-15:
    "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For... what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?"
    (the '...' indicates that I've missed a huge chunk out.)

So yes, I also think that Christians shouldn't marry non-Christians... but then it gets difficult when two non-Christians marry and one becomse a Christian while the other doesn't... confusing.

Yes, I think that Christians should seek out fellowship with other Christians... at the same time, you don't want to sound like they're not going to allow non-Christians in the churches, because that non-Christian would be hearing God's word then.

Back to the not being yoked with unbelievers bit, I think we should spend time with unbelievers sometimes so that we might share our faith with them. But not too much time I guess because the world can be very influential against one's faith if you spend too long surrounded by it. It's always good to spend time with other Christians who will build you and each other up in your faith. I am even making sense?

Also, I believe that everything in the Bible is absolutely true (unless it says specifically that it's a parable!), and that it's God's word that he told people to write down, they didn't just make it up, and it tells us exactly how we should live. The Bible contains some little parables, but it's not just one big parable! Please remember that!!!

Not anyone on here, of course, but I get so sick of so-called 'Christians' telling me that "It's just an example... God didn't really create the world in six days!" or (and this came from the chaplain at one of my schools) "It's just a story... none of that stuff really happened to Job!"

I think that's it for now. I believe that everything in the Bible is completely and utterly true. I also take it literally rather than figuratively. (There are some people who say we're meant to 'figuratively' cover our heads when praying. How are we meant to do *that*?)

from Rachel.
    Jordyn
    Jordyn

Post  Jordyn Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:03 pm

I agree with you that we should spend time with unbelivers because we can witness to them. But not to follow in their ways and belifs. Yes, that made sense to me! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    jordyn

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:45 am